Friday, July 6, 2007

The 4th at Hardrock!

I decided that we needed to get a group together and be very American on Wednesday night to celebrate the 4th of July. Fortunately, there were about 8 others that agreed to go to Beijing's Hardrock Cafe with me. This was most of the group:

There was live music from an English-speaking Filipino band that was actually very good. When you get down to it, the food isn't so great for the relative price. We spent about $25 a piece on appetizer, drinks, food, dessert. In Chinese terms, that's unheard of for most people. It was my first burger in about 6 months, and definitely the best dessert in that time! This is Malte and I addressing the hot fudge brownie sundae. (Something I never thought could be eaten in China..but we found it.) It is dangerous...something that should remain a treat for once every 6 months!

Happy 4th everyone! Leave me a comment and tell me what you did to celebrate! There were no fireworks here because of rain, but we still had a blast celebrating.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, i was on the river all day with some friends on a boat.. we went tubing abd such... then stayed out there until the fireworks were done.. i got a great tan :)


    aimee

    ReplyDelete