Monday, September 3, 2007

Sichuan 5 and Final! Chengdu- The Capital City. 成都,四川

This is the last entry about my vacation...I will revert back to Beijing soon. I started and ended the trip in the capital of Sichuan, Chengdu. It is a pleasant city with a slow pace to it. I especially enjoyed the parks with the older people playing cards, chess and drinking tea all day long. Here are some of the highlights of the city...

Pandas- just around 1000 left in the world and most of them are from Sichuan, China! I went to the breeding reservation and even saw the hairless babies!


Sichuan Opera- it was a variety of plays, singing, face changing, acrobatics, fireblowing and instruments. Very cool!


The friend I stayed with while I was in Chengdu!


Let the locals order, and you never know what you are going to get! These are rabbit heads. (Sorry vegetarians)


Famous spicy roasted fish. Enough peppers to set your mouth on fire! But that is what this whole province is famous for.


A video of us on the first afternoon in the pouring rain riding a rickshaw. The two umbrellas proved useless and we showed up dripping. The rickshaw didn't even want money from us because we looked so pitiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment