Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thai Fast: Days 4-6

Days 4 and 5 were relatively uneventful. I spent the time letting my foot recover and didn't leave the wellness center as I was weaning off of crutches. Day 4 was definitely the low point of the fast. I was nauseous all day and slept most of the day and night. Day 5 and 6 I was back and feeling good. Always a little hungry, but had plenty of energy and stayed awake during the day.

Day 6 was an excursion to Coral Island!! First we bundled up in a two row taxi truck sitting shoulder to shoulder:

The group making their way into the boats:

In the boat on our way:

Coral Island from the beach:


Snorkeling around the coral:

The fish went crazy around people because they were so used to being fed bread!

Enjoying fresh coconut juice. This was actually the first time I'd "cheated" in 6 days. Some folks are on fast + juice programs, but I'm on a pure fast program. The coconut juice was soooo sweet after all those nasty clay/fiber drinks!

A lovely day! I can't wait until the night market excursion tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie--it looks beautiful and so do you hang in there, you have more of a stomach (or coloc) than I do Love you Aunt Joyce

    ReplyDelete